Within the Queensland Public Sector, the primary objective of Recruitment and selection remains the same: to find the right person for the job. However, recent changes to the Public Sector Act 2022 and the Recruitment and selection (Directive 07/23) dictate a shift from merit-based recruiting to recruiting the eligible person best suited for the position.
This one day, engaging and interactive short course provides participants with the knowledge, skills and confidence to carry out a recruitment and selection process by equipping them with an understanding of the Directive and how it is applied in practice.
The Recruitment and selection 1-day extension module can either be added as an extra day to the 3-day People Matters leadership program or be booked separately as a 1-day program on its own. Both are available virtually or in person.
The Recruitment and selection module can also be delivered in-house for groups of up to 20 participants.
On completion of this course, you will gain:
- An understanding of how to determine eligibility and suitability.
- An understanding of how to conduct a fair and transparent recruitment and selection process.
- Direction on how to apply the principles of equity, diversity, respect and inclusion to recruitment and selection.
- Insights on how to integrate culturally safe practices across all steps of a recruitment and selection process.
- How to apply workforce planning to inform role design, description and evaluation.
- An understanding of how to best to attract and advertise vacancies to ensure the widest applicant pool.
- A perspective on how to select assessment methods best suited to the role and applicant pool.
- The ability to make and record selection decisions that are fair, transparent, and defensible.
A$360 incl GST
Ready to enrol?
Browse all available dates and make your booking below.
|Recruitment and Selection||5 February 2024||09:00 am - 05:00 pm||Brisbane|
|Recruitment and Selection||12 April 2024||09:00 am - 05:00 pm||Virtual|
|Recruitment and Selection||5 June 2024||09:00 am - 05:00 pm||Brisbane|
|Recruitment and Selection||30 August 2024||09:00 am - 05:00 pm||Virtual|
|Recruitment and Selection||15 October 2024||09:00 am - 05:00 pm||Brisbane|
|Recruitment and Selection||4 December 2024||09:00 am - 05:00 pm||Virtual|
All Brisbane events are held at Level 29, 10 Eagle St, Brisbane QLD 4000. Sessions that are delivered online will be listed as Virtual in the Location column above.