Move from being an accidental manager to intentional leader
One of the most difficult transitions in the workplace is the move from individual contributor to managing and leading your first team. Not only does your title change but your perspective on work needs to shift as you become responsible and accountable for the performance and behaviours of a group of people. You also take on the responsibility of upholding your organisation’s values, standards and codes of conduct.
The Mate to Manager short course will give you the knowledge and skills to move from being an accidental manager to an intentional leader. You will learn the responsibilities associated with being an intentional leader, build a positive team culture and how to manage team members who are also your friends.
This Short Course is presented virtually via Zoom. However, just like a face-to-face workshop, we’ve built in opportunities to meet your facilitator, work in break-out groups and network with other participants. You’ll be expected to engage actively throughout the sessions so ensure you have a reliable internet connection, a working webcam and microphone, and the latest version of the Zoom app downloaded.
- Half day virtual group session
- Dynamic small group setting where you can connect and learn from others
- Action plan and tips to implement new skills
- Resource pack
Outcomes & benefits
- Develop a deeper sense of self awareness and why its important
- Understand your role and responsibility as a manager and leader
- Explore trust and credibility
- Develop the skills to transition from mate to manager
- Explore the key competency areas critical for new managers to succeed
You or your employer will benefit because
- You will understand what it means to be a manager and leader and develop a deeper sense of self awareness, highlighting strengths and development areas.
|Mate to Manager||19 March 2024||09:00 am - 12:30 pm||Virtual|
|Mate to Manager||22 May 2024||09:00 am - 12:30 pm||Virtual|