Develop your approach to performance management
Without a doubt, the most difficult role for a manager, and the one that many avoid, is managing poor performance in the workplace. Often, its a complex web of factors but without some action, matters generally only get worse. Performance management is a hands on process and requires a regular ongoing approach, not a traditional once or twice a year check in.
This IML short course will assist in developing a consistent and disciplined approach to performance management that looks to celebrate positive achievements and deal quickly and effectively with poor performance before things get out of hand.
This Short Course is presented virtually via Zoom. However, just like a face-to-face workshop, we’ve built in opportunities to meet your facilitator, work in break-out groups and network with other participants. You’ll be expected to engage actively throughout the sessions so ensure you have a reliable internet connection, a working webcam and microphone, and the latest version of the Zoom app downloaded.
- Virtual group session
- Dynamic small group setting where you can connect and learn from others
- Action plan and tips to implement new skills
- Resource pack
- Set and communicate performance and behavioural standards
- Monitor performance results
- Communicate assertively
- Provide positive and constructive feedback
- Adjust your style to suit different personalities
- Recognise and manage conflict
- Identify internal processes for formal intervention
You or your employer will benefit because
- You will have a stronger, more consistent and disciplined approach to leading people and performance within your team and across the broader organisation