Develop an understanding of the science of emotions
Emotions play such an important role in the workplace. In terms of building strong relationships, developing trust and communicating effectively, everything is made more difficult given the added layer of human emotions. Understanding Emotional Intelligence and building competency and capacity in how we deal with our own emotions and the feelings of those around us, is critical to success in your role.
This IML short course develops a deeper understanding of the science of emotions and unpacks the five important factors or competencies that underpin EI. Using the results of our diagnostic tool, participants will embrace their own strengths and develop a plan for building personal EI for greater workplace effectiveness.
This Short Course is presented virtually via Zoom. However, just like a face-to-face workshop, we’ve built in opportunities to meet your facilitator, work in break-out groups and network with other participants. You’ll be expected to engage actively throughout the sessions so ensure you have a reliable internet connection, a working webcam and microphone, and the latest version of the Zoom app downloaded.
- Half day virtual group session
- Dynamic small group setting where you can connect and learn from others
- Action plan and tips to implement new skills
- Resource pack
Outcomes & benefits
- Understand the science of emotions
- Increase awareness of EI and the factors that underpin
- Unpack the IML EI diagnostic survey tool
- Understand positive and negative emotions
- Develop a framework for improving emotional reactions to situations
You or your employee will benefit because
- You will have a deeper understanding of your emotional intelligence and the important role it plays in building relationships and management and leadership success
|Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace||5 December 2023||09:00 am - 12:30 pm||Virtual|
|Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace||1 March 2024||09:00 am - 12:30 pm||Virtual|