To lead others well, you must be able to understand and lead yourself first. This is not your average tick and flick course – it is comprehensive and transformative and designed for maximum behavioural change. Participants are challenged and stretched to question their leadership styles and behaviours. Things will look and feel different in your business when you or your staff have undertaken this program.
- 2 one-on-one coaching sessions
- 3 diagnostic reports (IML 360, DiSC and Genos)
- 12 months of Membership with the Institute
- Access to Mentoring Program
- 1-2 hours of online study per fortnight
Transform your people into intentional leaders
Looking for lasting impact? This is how we do it:
- Research tells us that it takes more than three months to change habits and behaviour. That’s why our program is delivered over three months and includes prework, face-to-face sessions, coaching and ongoing membership. Transformational change cannot happen overnight!
- Not a tick and flick course. Our program is fully immersive, experiential, and designed for maximum behavioural change because our learning philosophy is grounded in how adults learn best
- You’ve heard it before: “they’re a natural born leader”. We challenge this concept in all our programs. For us, good leadership can be taught, and even natural born leaders have room for development
- You are part of the process. Working with the best facilitators in the business is worlds away from attending standard training and lecturing
The magic recipe that delivers lasting results… Not just training, our programs are experiential. Real behavioural change happens because of the support we provide with prework diagnostic tools, one-on-one coaching, and post-program support.
- Understand the important role of a manager and a leader
- Improve self-awareness and understand how these elements impact your leadership style
- Develop techniques to lead a productive, motivated and engaged team
- Empower your people and manage performance for optimal outcomes
- Understand how you fit into the bigger picture of the team and the organisation
Take me on the journey
Are you interested to see what the journey will look like? Here is the typical Foundations of Intentional Leadership experience.
A critical component of your entire journey. This stage requires you to undertake online diagnostic surveys. But, these are more than a basic personality quiz, they are powerful tools that will set you up for success.
Module 1 – Setting the scene
We unpack the concepts of accidental managers, intentional leadership and moving from mate to manager. You’ll explore what good leadership looks like. An anchor session that explores the importance of trust, credibility and values alignment.
Module 2 – Where the rubber hits the road
To be a great leader you must start with knowing how to lead yourself. You’ll learn why the power of managing your own time and priorities has huge impact. Understand how to build credibility and trust by keeping your promises and do what you say you’re going to do.
Module 3 – Communication is key
Now that you have mastered self-awareness, it’s time to apply what you’ve learnt to how you communicate. A great manager is someone that communicates clearly and well. Become an expert communicator and learn the basics of why psychological safety matters.
Module 4 – High impact teams
Now you’re ready to turn your focus to team management. This is where we look at how you can motivate and engage your staff to build a high performing team. You’ll also use the personality profiling that you discovered in your DiSC profiling pre-work to learn how to best interact with individual team members.
Module 5 – The tough stuff
Humans are complicated. Managing someone’s performance or behaviour when things aren’t going right is not an easy task. This module will equip you with the skills to apply to difficult situations so you can have those tough conversations and influence future behaviour. You will walk away with a model so that you can deal with barriers, roadblocks and difficult behaviours straight away.
Module 6 – Put your learning into practice
Now we bring it all together. This is where you reflect on everything you’ve learnt and consolidate your learning. You will walk away with a cohesive understanding about how to apply everything in practice. This is an opportunity for you to present what you are now going to do differently. The outcome is behavioural change. Things will look and feel differently for you now.
One-on-one coaching sessions with your Facilitator take place after Module 2 and Module 5. They are a powerful way to personalise your experience, consolidate your learning and set your own goals.
Line manager involvement
Interviews and feedback sessions after every module drive accountability. This is an essential ingredient in the recipe. You aren’t alone on the journey.
12 months of membership with the Institute helps you continue your learning, build a network and access leading mentors.
Hear from our facilitators
Ready to enrol?
Browse all available dates and make your booking below.
|Foundations of Intentional Leadership||22 February - 23 April 2024||09:00 am - 05:00 pm||Brisbane|
|Foundations of Intentional Leadership||27 February - 4 June 2024||09:00 am - 05:00 pm||Toowoomba|
|Foundations of Intentional Leadership||6 March - 14 May 2024||09:00 am - 05:00 pm||Darwin|
|Foundations of Intentional Leadership Virtual||13 March - 22 May 2024||08:00 am - 04:00 pm||Virtual|
|Foundations of Intentional Leadership||10 April - 27 June 2024||09:00 am - 05:00 pm||Brisbane|
|Foundations of Intentional Leadership||11 April - 27 June 2024||09:00 am - 05:00 pm||Sydney|
|Foundations of Intentional Leadership||11 April - 27 June 2024||09:00 am - 05:00 pm||Melbourne|
|Foundations of Intentional Leadership Virtual||15 May - 30 July 2024||09:00 am - 05:00 pm||Virtual|
|Foundations of Intentional Leadership||12 June - 28 August 2024||09:00 am - 05:00 pm||Brisbane|
|Foundations of Intentional Leadership||12 June - 28 August 2024||09:00 am - 05:00 pm||Sydney|
|Foundations of Intentional Leadership||12 June - 28 August 2024||09:00 am - 05:00 pm||Melbourne|