1. Room Hire Agreement
- The Booking Form and these terms and conditions form the Room Hire Agreement (Agreement) between the Institute of Managers and Leaders Limited (IML) and the Hirer.
- The Hirer agrees to hire the Room/s on the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement, and the completion and signing of a Booking Form shall be deemed an acknowledgement and acceptance by the Hirer of these terms and conditions.
2. Room Hire Fee & Payment
- Hire Fees are as set out on the Booking Form and are exclusive of GST. GST will be applied to all Hire Fees.
- Discounted Hire Fees are offered to Members of IML, and those discounted Hire Fees are as set out on the Booking Form. Discounted Hire Fees are exclusive of GST. GST will be applied to all discounted Hire Fees.
- Hire Fees are to be paid at least seven (7) days prior to the Room Hire Start Date, or where the Booking Form is submitted to IML less than 7 days prior to the Room Hire Start Date, then upon IML accepting the Booking. A tax invoice will be issued setting out the due date for payment.
- Additional fees may be charged for other services requested by the Hirer.
3. Cancellation or Changes
- If you need to cancel your Room Hire, you must notify IML at email@example.com as soon as possible prior to the Start Date.
- IML may charge an administration fee equivalent to 50% of the Hire Fee if you cancel less than seven (7) days prior to the Start Date.
- Cancellation fees may apply for any third party charges, including catering services or other additional services booked by you.
- If you need to change the date of the Room Hire, you must notify IML at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 days prior to the Start Date. Changes will be subject to availability.
4. Provision of Services
- (Catering) All catering is outsourced and will be charged back to the Hirer and invoiced prior to the Start Date. Catering prices quoted are indicative only and are subject to change based on supplier pricing. Coffee and tea are complimentary with room hire. If the Hirer arranges its own catering, IML will assist with set up and clean up for no extra charge.
- (AV Equipment) All AV Equipment listed by IML as part of the Room set up is included in the Hire Fee.
- (Testing of Equipment) It is the responsibility of the Hirer to schedule a test of any technical equipment to ensure compatibility of systems at the Venue (for example, for planned live streaming events such as webinars).
5. Hirer’s Obligations
- The Hirer agrees:
- to be responsible for the cost of making good any damage or loss caused to the objects, building, furniture, fittings and equipment at the Venue arising out of and/or in the course of the Room Hire;
- to obtain prior approval from IML for the use of any signs, banners, and decorations connected with the Room Hire. No nails, screws, adhesives or fastenings may be driven into or attached to the walls, doors, glass, floors, furniture, fittings and equipment;
- not carry on any activity at the Venue which is dangerous, noxious, offence, illegally, noisy or objectionable;
- not to allow the Venue to be used for any purpose other than that for which it is designed and to which IML has agreed;
- to vacate the Venue at the conclusion of the agreed End Date and Time. Any extension of time or failure to vacate on the agreed End Date and Time shall incur an additional fee (based on an hourly rate of $100 per hour plus GST);
- to remove from the Venue all equipment brought by the Hirer onto the Venue and make good any damage to the Venue caused by the removal;
- to leave the premises in a clean condition, failure to do so will incur additional cleaning charges;
- to be responsible for the conduct and behaviour of all employees, agents and invitees of the Hirer and for removing anybody displaying abusive, disruptive or disorderly behaviour. Noise levels must not exceed a level that is reasonably expected to disrupt IML or other patrons in the building in which the Venue is located;
- to comply with all applicable laws, including health and safety regulations, public health orders, liquor licensing laws and fire regulations; and
- not admit attendees in excess of the agreed amount without the prior consent of IML.
- IML reserve its right to end the Event if IML reasonably believes that the Event is not being conducted in compliance with these terms and conditions. IML is not responsible for any costs or expenses incurred as a result of terminating the Event on this basis.
- IML does not provide security for users of the Venue and all personal property left at the Venue is at the sole risk of the owner.
- Events with more than 100 people may require the attendance of a security guard, the engagement and cost of which is the responsibility of the Hirer.
- The Hirer is liable for themselves, their employees, agents, invitees and any contractors whom they may engage in relation to the Event and indemnifies IML, and their employees, agents and any contractors, against any claims, actions, losses, demands, damages and expense for which IML, its employees, agents and contractors shall or may become liable or suffer in respect of damage to IML’s property or injury or death of persons arising out of any wilful, unlawful or negligent act or omission of the Hirer, its employees, agents, invitees or subcontractors in connection with the Event.
- It is the responsibility of the Hirer to obtain and keep current insurance against such liability (set out in clause 7 (a) above) during the term of this Agreement and ensure that all contractors under their direction are similarly insured. IML will require evidence of this insurance prior to the Event commencing.
- The Hirer and its subcontractors will hold public liability insurance in the amount of $10 million dollars, together with any other insurance requested by IML from time to time and will provide a certificate of currency of such insurance to IML, if requested.
- Any goods, property or materials brought into the Venue by or on behalf of the Hirer, are the responsibility of the Hirer. IML accepts no responsibility for damage or loss of goods or materials left at the Venue prior to, during or after the Event.
The Hirer agrees to indemnify, defend and hold IML harmless from any loss, damage, liability, costs or damages arising from:
- any acts or omissions of the Hirer, its guests, representatives, agents, employees, contractors or related parties who attend at the Venue pursuant to the Room Hire; and
- any actual or threatened claims or causes of action by a person in attendance at the Venue in connection with this application for loss, injury, death or damage of any kind arising from the Hirer’s use of the Venue, which is caused or contributed to by the negligence or intentional misconduct of the Hirer or any of its guests, representatives, agents, employees or related parties.
Either party may terminate this Contract no less than seven (7) days’ notice prior to the Start Date.
10. Force Majeure
Performance of this Agreement is contingent upon the ability of IML to complete the same and will not be liable to the Hirer for any failure to provide the Venue or any of the services herein due to causes which are beyond the reasonable control of IML.
11. No Warranty
IML gives no warranty that the Venue or any of its facilities, equipment or services will be suitable for the purpose for which the Venue is intended to be used by the Hirer and the Hirer agrees that it will satisfy itself as to these matters. IML will not be liable to the Hirer for any loss suffered by the Hirer as a consequence of the Venue or the facilities, equipment or services not being adequate for the Hirer’s purposes or for any technical or electrical failure during the Hire period.
12. Laws and regulations
The Agreement is governed by and is to be construed according to the laws of the State of Queensland, Australia and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Queensland, in the District of Brisbane.
- IML is collecting your personal information for the purpose of processing your booking of the Room Hire.
- Any personal information you provide in relation to your booking to enable staff of IML to contact you to discuss your booking, will only be used for that purpose. In accordance with the Electronic Transactions (Queensland) Act 2001, IML may provide notices to you by electronic communication. By completing this Booking Form, your consent to this form of contact is taken to be given.
- IML may also use third parties to administer and deliver services and communications to you by email or mail. Some third party suppliers or their products and services are located overseas. Business details and personal information you choose to provide on this form may be transferred to an overseas recipient and stored overseas to administer such services and communications to you. By completing this booking inquiry form, you agree to this transfer and Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 will not apply to this disclosure.