Successful teams are led by managers who understand how to motivate staff beyond financial gain. This interactive short course will provide you with techniques that inspire discretionary effort from your employees to perform beyond expectations.
Our course teaches you how to navigate the complexity of employee motivators utilising the popular SCARF model, highlighting the challenges of extrinsic incentives and the rich rewards of encouraging creativity, innovation and initiative through intrinsic motivators. You will also learn how management processes like delegating effectively can motivate and inspire your team members to step up in their roles.
Future leaders, managers, professionals, staff at all levels
This is a half day, face to face workshop. This session allows for time for Q&A and features several scheduled group breakouts, which allows for discussion among participants of scenarios and past experiences. Participants attending gain insight from the different industries and levels of experience attending.
Members – $293 per person
Member 3+ – $249 per person
Non Members – $345 per person
Non Member 3+ – $293 per person
What you will learn:
- The difference between Influence and Manipulation and how they link to extrinsic and intrinsic motivators
- Your role as a manager in motivating your team
- Using Dr David Rock’s SCARF model to help you tap into long term sustainable intrinsic motivators for each of your team members
- How to use delegating as a motivating development opportunity
- Understand the role that motivation plays in overall job performance – over and above the skills and knowledge factors
Your employer will benefit because:
- You will build team motivation
- Your team will see a boost in productivity
- Your team members will increase their personal satisfaction