You can’t do everything yourself. All leaders need to know the right time to let go and delegate a task to someone else. As a leader you need to be prioritising your time so you can work on higher level duties, and to do this you need to delegate some of your routine work to your team members.
Delegating is an important skill because it benefits both you and your team member. You will find that when you free up your time to work on more important tasks, your team members will appreciate the opportunity to grow and develop new skills.
This Virtual Workshop will teach you how to make sure you are delegating the right tasks to the right people. You will learn how to be more strategic and better prepared when you delegate tasks. We will cover how best to communicate and support your team members, so that they are engaged and feel confident to attempt new tasks. You will learn how to provide feedback and turn every delegation into a coaching and development opportunity.
Future leaders, managers, professionals
This is a half day, face to face workshop. This session allows for time for Q&A and features several scheduled group breakouts, which allows for discussion among participants of scenarios and past experiences. Participants attending gain insight from the different industries and levels of experience attending. If you would like to access this virtually please enquire here.
Members – $293 per person
Member 3+ – $249 per person
Non Members – $345 per person
Non Member 3+ – $293 per person
What you will learn:
- Understanding delegation as a management technique
- Business benefits of delegating
- Overcoming barriers to delegating
- Identifying the right tasks to be delegated
- Selecting the most appropriate person
- Communicating delegation requirements
- Managing reluctance to accept tasks
- Reviewing and monitoring work
- Providing feedback
Your employer will benefit because:
- You can be more productive with your time
- Your team will develop new skills
- Your team will increase their cross-skilling.