CAIRNS BUSINESS OWNERS, COUNCIL EXECUTIVES AND COMMUNITY LEADERS ARE HONOURED IN PRESITIGIOUS NATIONAL AWARDS SERIES
Celebrated local leaders have been named finalists in the Cairns regional Australian Leadership Excellence Awards (ALEAs) to be judged in a ceremony on Thursday, 17th of August. Amongst those with their achievements celebrated are Douglas Shire Council’s CEO Linda Cardew, and Mornington Shire Council’s CEO Francis Mills, both finalists in the Leader/Manager category.
The prestigious national awards series presented by the Institute of Managers and Leaders, has been celebrating outstanding leadership for 28 years, with ALEAs winners being championed by leadership professionals Australia-wide.
This year, 16 local leaders have been shortlisted across several categories including Leader/Manager, Owner/Entrepreneur, Not for Profit, Community Leader and Emerging Leader, reflecting the diverse professional backgrounds of Cairns’ leadership, from the public sector, to small business, to charity organisations.
“The consistently high calibre of finalists in regional Queensland shows that great leadership isn’t only found in places like Silicon Valley or New York, or even in the capital cities like Sydney or Brisbane,” said David Pich, Chief Executive of the Institute of Managers and Leaders.
“Great leadership is as prevalent in Cairns through community leaders and local business owners, as in large multi-national corporations. Cairns’ outstanding leaders are an inspiration to everyday Australians and we are honoured to be celebrating their accomplishments”.
The full list of Cairns regional finalists include:
- Linda Cardew FIML, CEO of Douglas Shire Council | Leader/Manager category
- Francis Mills MIML, CEO of Mornington Shire Council | Leader/Manager category
- Geoff McGraw, Operations Manager of Ergon Energy | Leader/Manager category
- Lisa Boccalatte, Area Manager for North and Far North Queensland of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia | Leader/Manager category
- Jenny Ball, Village and Sales Manager of Aveo The Parks | Leader/Manager category
- Laurie Pritchard, Managing Director of Small World Journeys | Owner/Entrepreneur category
- Troy Haines, CEO of theSPACE Australasia | Owner/Entrepreneur
- Carly Grossek, Director of Cinderella Stories Health & Fitness | Owner/Entrepreneur
- Heather Gibson MIML, Founder and Managing Director of Pendulum Partnership | Owner/Entrepreneur
- Fiona McFarlane, Director of cherrygift® | Owner/Entrepreneur
- Ian Roberts MIML, CEO of Anglicare North Queensland | Not for Profit
- Julie-Ann Lambourne, Founder and CEO of enVizion Group Inc | Not for Profit
- Trish Butler, CEO of Cape York Sustainable Futures | Not for Profit
- Amy Eden, Senior Project Officer of Cairns Safe Streets Taskforce | Community
- Lorraine Lawson, Director of Dynamic Running | Community Leader
- Emma Gelling, Director of Studio78 | Emerging Leader
The Cairns finalists will be honoured at an awards ceremony beginning 6pm on Thursday, 17th August at the Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort. Winners of each category will become finalists in the Queensland State ALEAs held in September at the Hamilton Lounge in Brisbane City Hall.
Tickets are currently on sale for the Cairns regional ALEAs and can be purchased at https://managersandleaders.com.au/events/australian-leadership-excellence-awards-qld-cairns/
For more information about the Australian Leadership Excellence Awards, please visit https://managersandleaders.com.au/leadership-excellence-awards/
– ENDS –
Contacts of finalists and David Pich are available for interviews upon request.
For media enquiries, contact
Whitney Duan, Media & Communications Manager
0417 284 411 | firstname.lastname@example.org