The Institute of Managers and Leaders Australia and New Zealand has partnered with White Ribbon to present Leadership Outlook 2019: Creating a safe and respectful workplace, a national series of practical and thought-provoking workshops that tackle gendered violence as a workplace issue.
Our Leadership Outlook events will define and identify violence and contributing factors, provide strategies to support staff experiencing violence, and help attendees to learn to mitigate risk. The workshops will also cover bullying, harassment and intimidation and how managers and leaders can support teams affected. During each of our sessions, a panel of local leaders will also share their real-world experiences in creating safe and respectful workplaces.
Each Leadership Outlook session will:
· Provide a forum for employers to learn about best practice approaches to create a safe and supportive workplace for employees who are experiencing domestic violence, bullying or harassment in or out of the workplace
· Increase your knowledge and skills in applying a strategic, evidence-based methodology to create a safe and respectful workplace drawn from White Ribbon’s work with organisations on the Workplace Accreditation Program
· Outline strategies that can be implemented to support staff which minimises risk and promotes a supportive culture within the workplace
· Provide overview of resources and tools available to assist in creating a safe and respectful workplace
· Offer a practical case study to work through key learnings from the sessions
We all deserve to feel safe. Join us for an event that will help transform workplaces, leadership and society.
Registrations commence at 7.00am with a light breakfast and networking. The session will start at 7.30am.
In partnership with White Ribbon
Manager | Workplace Program
White Ribbon Australia
Stephanie Callanan is experienced in organisational development and corporate partnerships and is passionate about achieving cultural change.
Stephanie has been the Manager | Workplace Program at White Ribbon Australia for over four years and is focused on workplace enrolment, program implementation and service delivery. Stephanie has supported the growth of participating workplaces from 30 in 2012 to over 300 in 2019.
Stephanie presented alongside Rosie Batty for White Ribbon Day in 2018 and at the 2017 National Family & Domestic Violence Summit. Stephanie has facilitated workshops creating safer and more respectful workplaces that support equal participation of men and women.
Stephanie has worked in corporate partnership roles for fifteen years in Government, NFP and marketing agencies. Stephanie is finalising a Master of Policy and Applied Social Research.
Training Room in the Library, Level 3, Jon Hay Building (Building B – see map) Parking There is public parking is available along Cunningham Pier. You can find more public parking options on the City of Greater City Geelong website – there are plenty. Please read the street signage carefully - alternatively please park in the carparks. Find out where to park in Geelong Map of carparks https://www.geelongaustralia.com.au/parking/article/item/8cb86481f530eba.aspx